Employment Type: Temporary Part Time (through to February 2024)
Position Classification: Diversional Therapist Level 1/2
Remuneration: $34.01 – $49.28 per hour
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ336836
Are you a Diversional Therapist experienced in Mental Health? Come join our dynamic Inpatient Mental Health team which provides quality services to our consumers helping to improve recovery, developing and delivering group activity programs within our inpatient Mental Health Unit
Where you’ll be working
Inpatient Mental Health Unit, St George Mental Health Service, located on the St George Hospital campus, Kogarah.
What you’ll be doing
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. Please provide proof of booster vaccination if available
- Recognised Degree in Diversional Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation or Leisure and Health and eligible for membership with Diversional Therapy Australia.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, co-ordinate and evaluate Diversional Therapy programs in a health care setting.
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Mental Health Issues and their impact on patients in an acute inpatient unit setting.
- Ability to work from a recovery based approach within a multidisciplinary team context involving consumers and carers in program planning
- Willingness to develop own professional skills through active participation in professional development activities.
- Current unrestricted NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact David Tobin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 16 October 2022